Jacqui Kelly, of Totally Sugar, returns to the Academy with this very popular VW Beetle Remote Control Car Cake Class. Get in gear as you learn how to strip down a remote control car and re-build it using Rice Krispie treats! Carve, coat and cover your way to a realistic remote control creation, then using the airbrush, add finishing touches to your creation. Your Beetle car will have full 360-degree control with light-up headlights. Finish the day off with a race to see whose edible creation finishes in 1st place.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
All equipment, materials, a cake box and an apron!
Lunch, refreshments and afternoon tea.
Helpful academy staff, should you require assistance.
IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR ME?
This course is of an intermediate level.
ALL attendees must be 18 years old, or over.
Not for you? Browse our other courses HERE.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- How to strip down a remote control car and build a secure customised support structure.
- How to make the remote control car model food safe whilst maintaining all car model features.
- How to design the car for the maximum amount of Rice Krispie treats.
- How to carve an accurate car shape from Rice Krispie treats, using templates.
- How to coat, cover and mark the shape to achieve a realistic car shape.
- How to airbrush the car shape and add the finishing touches.