Join the award-winning Emma-Jayne for this UK First 2-day Chihuahua Cake Class! Learn how to carve and cover real sponge cake to make the cushion shape, then create a realistic fleece texture for the cushion fabric. You will then model the adorable Chihuahua, on an armature structure and build it up using a range of pastes. Using various tools and a selection of Rainbow dust colours, you will take your sugar paste from flat to furry, to make this pooch appear life-like. Create a knitted jumper to finish off the design and cute heart shaped toys as well as creating a limestone tile effect board for this accomplished creation to sit upon.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
All equipment, materials, a cake box and an apron!
Lunch, refreshments and afternoon tea.
Helpful academy staff, should you require assistance.
IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR ME?
This course is suitable for those with an advanced skill level.
ALL attendees must be 18 years old, or over.
Not for you? Browse our other courses HERE.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- How to create a limestone tile effect on the cake board.
- How to carve & cover real sponge to create an edible fleece cushion.
- How to model using an armature structure and use a variety of pastes to create the Chihuahua shape.
- How to create a knitted jumper for the Chihuahua.
- How to create realistic animal fur using sugar paste.
- How to hand dust and paint your finished piece to bring the creation to life.