Join Rhianydd Webb from Dragons and Daffodils for this great beginners class! Learn how to use ganache to achieve super sharp edges on your stacked cake, then learn how to marble sugarpaste and use this to cover your cake. Rhianydd will show you how to create a beautiful succulent from sugarpaste to top the cake and how to create gold geometric lines to go around the cake. This class covers the basics of decorating a cake and how to create a versatile design.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
All equipment, materials*, a cake box and an apron to wear!
Lunch, refreshments and afternoon tea.
Helpful academy staff, should you require assistance.
*All our cakes are made with a standard sponge recipe which contains wheat flour, eggs, sugar, butter and may contain nuts. Our Rice Krispie bases may contain barley, pork gelatine and sugar. Our Marzipan products contain nuts.
IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR ME?
This course is suitable for beginners.
ALL attendees must be 18 years old, or over.
Not for you? Browse our other courses HERE.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- How to layer a cake and work with ganache.
- How to ganache your cake using the upside-down method.
- How to marble sugarpaste.
- How to cover your cake, achieve sharp edges and a flawless finish using flexible smoothers.
- How to create gold geometric lines around your cake.
- How to create a succulent.
Ganache Sharp Edges Cake Class
25th Jan 2019 09:30 - 17:30
Real Good Food Development Centre
61 Stephenson Way
Wavertree Technology Park