Come along and join the fantastic Cakes by Stacey Anderson, a Rising Star Finalist of The Baking Industry Awards 2012, and specialist in elegant and bespoke celebration cakes that have been featured in several industry magazines, on our wonderful beginner friendly class. Learn to create a stunning yet simple design, that can be adapted for a variety of occasions.
On the day, you will be taught how to split, fill and stack your sponge cakes to create super sharp edges with your very own buttercream, made using a Kitchen Aid Artisan Mixer. Using Renshaw’s new ‘Extra’ along with Renshaw’s Ready to Roll Icing range to successfully cover your cake and board. Discover how to use simple modelling tools to create a wooden effect on the base, and a cute little bunting decoration, before finally learning how to model an adorable Teddy Bear cake topper, and make personalised lettering giving your cake its finishing touch.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
All equipment, materials*, a cake box and an apron to wear!
Buffet styled lunch, refreshments and afternoon tea are included.
Helpful academy staff, should you require assistance.
*All our cakes are made with a standard sponge recipe which contains wheat flour, eggs, sugar, butter and may contain nuts. Our Rice Krispie bases may contain barley, pork gelatine and sugar. Our Marzipan products contain nuts.
IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR ME?
This course is suitable for beginners.
ALL attendees must be 18 years old, or over.
Not for you? Browse our other courses HERE.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- How to make your own buttercream using a Kitchen Aid Artisan mixer.
- How to split, fill, and stack sponge cakes, to create sharp edges using buttercream.
- How to use simple modelling tools.
- How to neatly cover a cake and board using Renshaw Ready to Roll Icing.
- How to model a cute Teddy Bear cake topper.
- How to make bunting and personalised hand made letter decorations using fondant.