The very talented Georgie Godbold, Author of Sugar Wobblies, returns to the Academy with her popular Unicorn Modelling Class. You’ll start the day, with learning how to cover a real sponge cake and how to achieve a perfectly smooth finish, a useful skill when decorating any cake. You will then learn the art of modelling basic shapes to create the Unicorn body with decorative accessories, these principles of character modelling are the same for all projects and are easily transferable. After making this ‘Wobbly’ topper, you will move onto decorating the cake, using a range of pastes and tools to create different textures and shapes.
What we provide:
All equipment and materials
A cake box
Lunch, refreshments and afternoon tea
Helpful academy staff, should you require assistance
Please note: All attendees must be 18 years old, or over.
Not for you? Browse our other courses here.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- How to easily cover a sponge cake using sugar paste.
- How to model basic shapes and create this cute 'Wobbly' unicorn topper.
- Various hand painting techniques to create a grass effect that can be used on any cake.
- How to create a sugar rainbow and marble sugar paste.
- How to use textured rolling pins.
- How to use plunger cutters to create flowers.
- How to make a cute picket fence, an ideal skill to transfer onto lots of cake designs.
Is it suitable for me?
This class is suitable for beginners.